Front-end Developer at Formaviva
This is a fully remote position, full-time or part-time, with flexible working hours and work arrangements.
About the role
You should have plenty of experience in building performant, easy to use, well monitored and well tested interfaces, creating and maintaining robust web applications, designing friendly and efficient interfaces, communicating clearly, sharing knowledge and questioning existing solutions.
If you are a positive-oriented hacker who does not fit the traditional company structure and resonates with the mindset of programming languages and paradigms being just a tool and not a heavy personal attachment and identification, then this role might be the right fit for you.
About the company
Our mission is to build the best platform for independent electronic music and make it accessible to more people. As an organization, we strive for innovation and excellence using technologies and influencing music consumption behavioral shifts.
Our development process
We wish to deploy daily. Around this intention, we would like to design our whole development environment — we love code reviews, solid tests, continuous integration and delivery. It will never happen your pull requests get stuck, neglected or forgotten. There is very little overhead, meetings are kept to a minimum.
We wish to have the processes in place to ensure a proper mixture of shipping new features, maintaining existing systems, addressing technical debt, and experimentation.
You’ll hold final responsibility for the solutions you build, from the inception of the idea, to shipping to production. Every member of our team is responsible for a certain subsystem. That means you’re responsible for it to work correctly at all times, and you are given the freedom to implement mechanisms to ensure that.
- Knowledge of Ember.js and React (our primary framework is Ember.js but we are slowly migrating),
- Advanced knowledge of CSS - implementing maintainable CSS architectures,
- Advanced knowledge of layout libraries, such as Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS,...
- Excellent sense for good UX practices,
- Solid knowledge of Ember.js or exceptional willingness to learn it,
- Solid experience with writing front-end tests (unit and integration tests)
Nice to have
- Experience with charting libraries, e.g. Highcharts,
- Experience with visualizations on the web, e.g. SVG and D3 library,
- Experience with D3,
- Experience with Ruby on Rails,
- Experience with Docker.
What is it going to look like
- Working in a relaxed atmosphere in a small distributed team of highly skilled developers,
- Flexible working hours - choose your own schedule,
- Daily communication and updates in Slack,
- Two weekly conference calls for updates and planning,
- Performing planned work using Kanban methodology,
- Being attentive to daily operations, system status, and production incidents.
Apply now! Tell us about yourself, why you'd like to join, describe your experience and tell us about the things you have built.Apply now